The word technology is correctly defined as the practical application of knowledge, and with over 65 years of machining experience, the most technologically advanced machine tools on the market today and a management team dedicated to utilizing lean concepts to reduce waste and labor content while maximizing efficiency and process reliability, let Slabe Machine put technology to work for you.
- Founded in 1939, remains privately held
- 90,000 square foot lean, cellular and immaculate facility
- 125 trained and dedicated employees
- 300 precision machines
- Tolerances to +/-.00005
- Metallic and composite parts and assemblies
- Sizes from sub-miniature to 15 inch (384mm) cube
- ISO 9001:2008 and AS 9100-C certified
- Optical electronic projection and CMM inspection
- Global low-cost supplier
The simple secret to profitably delivering on-time low-cost complex components is to fill a shop with a wide variety of the most technologically advanced machine tools and insure that they are utilized efficiently by a team that embraces the entire spectrum of lean techniques. The slightly tougher part is doing this all methodically over a very long period - one machine at a time - constantly reinvesting using only short-term debt so as to avoid having the bank own it all. And by ignoring the new 'expansion through debt' mentality and adhering to this old-world strategy for seven decades, the result is a world-class shop able to offer everything from design and prototyping to full-scale production - at low costs.